cubeSQL is here

May 24th, 2011 | 11 Comments »

Announcing cubeSQL, the first commercial sqlite based database server: http://www.sqlabs.com/cubesql.php

11 Responses to “cubeSQL is here”

• jharris says:

Great to see cubeSQL is ready. Can I connect using LiveCode/VB.Net through ODBC?

• marco says:

A native ODBC driver is currently under development and it will be available soon, in the meantime you can connect with JSON.

• jharris says:

Thanks Marco,

I was looking at the JSON option earlier. I will look into it again when I get a chance.

jharris

• Oliver Osswald says:

I’m impressed. Seamless update from REALServer to cubeSQL on our Ubuntu Server. All data and logins available as before. Took me 20 minutes (max) to download, uninstall REALServer, install cubSQL and test.

Congrats and thanks a lot!

Oliver

• Oliver Osswald says:

Hmm… it looks like cubeSQLServer is memory leaking on Ubuntu Linux. Since I made the update from REALServer to cubeSQL my vps is running out of memory within 24 hours.
    I was running LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, Perl) plus REALServer for months, without ever getting to use up more than 512MB, and now – within 24 hours – it uses up 1 GB and stops responding.

• marco says:

Oliver, there are several Ubuntu Linux users that are using cubeSQL and no memory leaks was reported. Can you please email me more details… I am obviously more than willing to help you!

• Oliver Osswald says:

Thanks Marco! I have been mailing to the list (products@sqlabs.com). I’m currently observing the memory usage stats of the running processes to see if it is really cubeSQL which is exploding. I’ll keep posting to the list.

• marco says:

Please Oliver send the email directly to me: marco at sqlabs dot com
    Thanks a lot.

• Stephen Cox says:

You should publish a study as to why someone like me, who uses MySQL, would want to drop $600 on this DBMS.

• marco says:

mySQL commercial license starts at $2000/year: http://www.mysql.com/products/ most people think that mySQL is always free but this is not true. Anyway Stephen, I don’t think mySQL can be considered a cubeSQL competitor.