cubeSQL ODBC Driver 1.0b1

February 27th, 2012 | 11 Comments »

Thanks to Jonathan Monroe from Actual Technologies we are proud to announce cubeSQL ODBC Driver version 1.0b1. You can download it from:

There are some outstanding issues, so it should be considered BETA software. The most serious problems right now are:

- the “auto-commit” mode (default) is not working. All inserts, updates and deletes must be manually COMMIT-ed
- the “Store user ID in Keychain” feature (OS X only) is not working. You should disable this checkbox on your DSN.

There are several minor issues with some of the numeric and date / time data types. So far the drivers have been tested with MS Excel on Mac and Windows, please test the new ODBC driver with your solution and let us know if you find any problem.

11 Responses to “cubeSQL ODBC Driver 1.0b1”

• Michael says:

After setting up the (64 Bit) driver for Windows, can I simply connect to the created DSN with the DSN, Uid and Pwd values like this:

oConn.open “DSN=dbname;Uid=username;Pwd=password”

?? That brings up a “Architecture mismatch between driver and the application” Or is a DSN-less connection preferred?

Greetings,

Michael

• Michael says:

aah got it… can´t use 64Bit driver with 32Bit app…. I knew I saw this error before… :-)

• Jonathan says:

The 32-bit driver can be installed on Win64 for use with 32-bit applications. In other words, both the 32-bit and 64-bit drivers can be installed on Win64 at the same time.

• Brandon says:

I installed the 32bit driver first. Forgot I am using 64bit Windows 7 Home Premium. Then I installed 64bit driver and uninstalled 32bit driver…rebooted. Now, using Microsoft Access 2007 I get this error when attempting to connect…

“The setup routines for the cubeSQL ODBC ODBC driver could not be loaded due to system error code 126: The specified module could not be found. (C:\Windows\SysWOW64\\fmodbc32.dll).”

Any ideas?

Brandon

• marco says:

Brandon please try to reinstall 32bit version.
    On Windows 64bit both versions can be installed at the same time.

• jharris says:

I am getting the following error after installing both version on Windows 7 Professional:
    Trying to connect with Visual Studio 2010 or Office 2007 Excel.

ERROR [IM003] Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 126: The specified module could not be found. (cubeSQL ODBC, C:\Windows\SysWOW64\\cubeod32.dll).

jharris

• Brandon says:

I actually first tried just the 32bit driver installed and received an error (I think it was the same or similar). Then I installed the 64bit driver in addition to the 32bit and received an error. Then I uninstalled 32bit driver and left just the 64bit, now I am getting the error as mentioned above.

• jharris says:

Installed both drivers on another Windows 7 machine… still no luck and the same error. When I look at the list of odbc drivers available on the machine I only see the 64bit driver. The 32bit driver is not in the list. Searched C:\ for cubeod32.dll and it was never found.

• jharris says:

Ok, I was able to connect to the server with VS 2010 by creating a x64 project. Not able to fill a data table or data reader. Sure would be nice to use cubeSQL server and Visual Studio as a need an easy to administer database server for my software. I will keep trying…

• jharris says:

Was able to connect and run a select query using ADODB. Is there any chance of using ado.net with cubeSql Server?

• marco says:

In order to use ODBC with a 32-bit application (such as MS Office) on 64-bit Windows, you have to install the 32-bit driver.

In order to configure a DSN for the 32-bit driver, you have to use the 32-bit ODBC Administrator, located at:

c:\windows\sysWOW64\odbcad32.exe

A DSN configured using the default 64-bit ODBC Administrator will not be recognized by 32-bit applications.

More information about this situation is available here:

It is important to understand that you have to use the 32-bit ODBC Administrator on 64-bit Windows if you want to use the driver with MS Office or any other 32-bit application.