cubeSQL on Synology NAS

June 6th, 2016 | 17 Comments »

Thanks to Christopher Rieke, there is now an installer that is able to install cubeSQL on Synology NAS.

You can download installer script from: synology_cubesql.spk

Some details:

• Script is tested only on 64bit systems and depends from the return value of the the “uname -m” command.
  • You can also check out the content of the spk file by extracting it with “tar -cvf
  • You need to create a shared folder called “cubeSQL” to be able to successfully launch cubeSQL.
  • He decided to store databases and settings there. So it is easy to make a backup of these folders.
synology_web_gui

17 Responses to “cubeSQL on Synology NAS”

• Frank says:

Too bad, for me it doesn’t work. It comes the message:
    This package is not supported on the platform of DiskStation

A shared folder called ‘cubeSQL’ was created.
    DS215j (MARVELL Armada 375 88F6720)

• Joerg says:

As stated, this package is only supported on “64bit systems”. Yours isn’t one (http://www.synology-wiki.de/index.php/Welchen_Prozessortyp_besitzt_mein_System%3F).

The reason for that: While cubeSQL is “cross-platform” (x86 and PowerPC, big-endian and little-endian, 32-bit and 64-bit), it is not supported on ARM systems (see http://www.sqlabs.com/blog/2012/06/cubesql-on-arm-processors/#comment-541)

• houdap says:

hi

installed, thank you but how can i start admin?

• marco says:

Admin is a GUI application that you can install and start from Windows, Linux or Mac.
      Just double click on it and connect remotely to a cubeSQL server.

• Ali says:

I did not understand, how to install cubeSQL on my DS411+II.
    Can you help me please. Step by step. THX!

• Dill says:

Hello,

Is it possible to translate this script to install cubeSql on a QNAP system!?

Thanks
    Delil

• marco says:

Hello,
      QNAP system uses an ARM CPU and cubeSQL for ARM processors in not yet available.
      We currently do not have a release date for an ARM version.

• Giuseppe says:

Salve, avrei necessità di installare la versione 4.5 al posto della 5.5, secondo voi è possibile?

Cordiali saluti

• Dominik says:

Hi there,

I have successfully installed cubesql on my synology. But I can’t start the database. The Light has shown red and the Button “Start” is unavailable. What I’m doing wrong?

Dominik

• volker says:

hi, there is an simple hack to enable this package for 32bit synology arch. just add “i686” arch into the list in “INFO” file.

• Chris says:

Dear all,
    I have managed to import the database on my disk station and it is working. I have just one small question: how do I manage to update to the current version of the program?
    Thx for a reply
    Chris

• Edi says:

Hi,
    i have install the cubeSQL on my Synologie.
    I need it to use with MonKey Office.
    Whit monkey office i can connect to the cubeSQL an load the Database on the Synologie
    But wenn i want to open the Database i receive a message that i no have a license.
    How can i add a license to my cubeSQL on the Synologie?
    thx a lot

• Rolf says:

Used this Script on Synology DS218+ (ApolloLake)
    You have to add the new Intel Celeron Architecture in the arch section of the INFO File (open *.SPK with 7ZIP and edit INFO File)

arch=”x86 avoton cedarview braswell bromolow dockerx64 apollolake”

Should look like this.