To better serve our customers we just opened a dedicated cubeSQL mailing list.
To subscribe just visit its dedicated admin page or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are working on the next cubeSQL version… where you’ll see a lot of improvements and features.
We are interested in trying to port cubeSQL to an ARM processor with Linux OS… do you know some good devices we could use for development and testing? We know about the very interesting Raspberry Pi project but its availability is too uncertainty at this time.
cubeSQL ODBC Driver version 1.0b2 is now available from:
- Fixed an issue that caused Win32 installer to install the driver with the wrong name
- Added support for auto-commit transactions
- Fixed problem with authentication for System DSN’s on Mac
- Added support for Mac OS X KeyChain
- Fixed problems with MS Access import
Please test the new version and let us know if you find any problem.
From a Jonathan Monroe suggestion I posted this comment few minutes ago, but it’s very important so it deserves a separated post:
In order to use ODBC with a 32-bit application (such as MS Office) on 64-bit Windows, you have to install the 32-bit driver. In order to configure a DSN for the 32-bit driver, you have to use the 32-bit ODBC Administrator, located at:
A DSN configured using the default 64-bit ODBC Administrator will not be recognized by 32-bit applications. More information about this situation is available here:
It is important to understand that you have to use the 32-bit ODBC Administrator on 64-bit Windows if you want to use the driver with MS Office or any other 32-bit application.
Thanks to Jonathan Monroe from Actual Technologies we are proud to announce cubeSQL ODBC Driver version 1.0b1. You can download it from:
There are some outstanding issues, so it should be considered BETA software. The most serious problems right now are:
- the “auto-commit” mode (default) is not working. All inserts, updates and deletes must be manually COMMIT-ed
- the “Store user ID in Keychain” feature (OS X only) is not working. You should disable this checkbox on your DSN.
There are several minor issues with some of the numeric and date / time data types. So far the drivers have been tested with MS Excel on Mac and Windows, please test the new ODBC driver with your solution and let us know if you find any problem.
Today is the last day for the special 50% off cubeSQL offer.
New licenses can be purchased from:
Renewal licenses can be purchased from:
Don’t miss this opportunity!
We just released cubeSQL version 4.2 where we fixed all know bugs and we improved overall performance. This is a very important update and we strongly recommend all our users to upgrade to version 4.2.
What’s new in version 4.2.0:
- SERVER: Fixed an issue related to the DISABLE LOGIN custom command
- SERVER: Token connect now honors clear/encrypt disabled login
- SERVER: Fixed an issue related to double single quote in custom commands
- SERVER: Fixed a crash bug that affects all platforms triggered by heavy load
- SERVER: Added ADD LOG ENTRY custom command in order to allows client to add messages to the log file
- SERVER: Fixed a Windows only crash bug
- SERVER: Fixed a Windows only hang
- SERVER: Fixed all the issues that triggers an incorrect “db is locked” error message (error 7055)
- SERVER: Updated sqlite to version 3.7.8
- SERVER: Running time for a developer key has been increased to 4 hours (was 2 hours)
- SERVER: There is now a way to specify maximum number of backups to retain per database (to avoid disk is full error), in order to activate it just use the custom command: SET PREFERENCE MAX_BACKUPS TO value
- SERVER: Fixed several JSON related issues
- SERVER: Dramatically improved JSON queries performance
- SERVER: A lot of others small fixes and improvements
- SERVER: Updated C SDK
- SERVER: There is now a native 32bit and 64bit DLL SDK for Windows native connections
- PLUGIN: Timeout value is now properly honored. Set it to 0 if you want to wait MAX_TIMEOUT value (default to 900 seconds but you can change it via the SET PREFERENCE MAX_TIMEOUT TO value).
- PLUGIN: Added support for REAL Server and REAL SQL Server protocol, just set the db.useREALServer As Boolean property BEFORE db.Connect.
You can download you copy from: http://www.sqlabs.com/cubesql_download.php